John Cena Says He Won’t Be Appearing On TV When He Returns
John Cena Says He’s Only Doing Live Events During His Next Return
John Cena is wrapping up media for his latest movie Bumblebee, and recently spoke with the Toronto Sun regarding his return to the WWE.
Cena states that he is having another run with the WWE starting on December 26th, but will only be returning for live events, despite being advertised for RAW tapings on January 7th in Orlando, FL. Cena says that he was given a choice to take a month off before he begins filming his next project in Canada. Cena is scheduled to begin filming Playing With Fire in Burnaby, BC on January 20th.
I was given the choice of taking one month to catch my breath and live what I would call a normal life. It took me about two seconds to turn that down. On December 26th, I return to Madison Square Garden and do a nice live event run with the WWE right up through the middle of January.
None of these shows are televised. I’m literally just doing it because I want to get back to a place I feel most comfortable and to working with people I can call my family. And I want to have some fun.
I know that my return is going to come with some mixed opinions — especially because I’ve been away and I’ve got a stupid haircut now — but that’s what’s great about the WWE audience. They are fanatical. They are obsessive. They are loud as hell and it’s going to be a fun experience. I’m glad I can come back.
John Cena Live Event Schedule
- Madison Square Garden, New York – Dec. 26
- Nassau Coliseum, New York – Dec. 27
- Royals Farms Arena, Baltimore — Dec. 28
- PPG Paints Arena, Pittsburgh – Dec. 29
- Amalie Arena, Tampa, Fla. – Dec. 30
- Columbus Civic Center, Columbus, Ga. – Jan. 4
- Donald L. Tucker Civic Center, Tallahassee, Fla. – Jan. 5
- Hertz Arena, Ft. Myers, Fla. – Jan. 6
- Amway Center, Orlando, Fla. – Jan. 7 (Raw)
- Charleston Civic Center, Charleston, W.Va. – Jan. 11
- Knoxville Civic Coliseum, Knoxville, Tenn. – Jan. 12
- Von Braun Civic Center, Huntsville, Ala. – Jan. 13
- FedEx Forum, Memphis, Tenn. – Jan. 14