Former NXT Star Headed To New Japan Pro Wrestling
Back in December, NXT star Nick Miller was granted his release from WWE in order to spend more time with his family in Australia.
The former member of The Mighty/TM-61 is now set to make his return to Japan, and will be competing in the up-coming New Japan Cup.
He has now gone back to wrestling under his real name Mikey Nicholls, and has been announced as a member of the CHAOS faction in New Japan Pro Wrestling.
Nichols will make his return to New Japan Pro Wrestling on March 9, in a first round match in the New Japan Cup against HIKULEO.
Nichols is known for his work in Japan with Pro Wrestling Noah, where he is a two-time GHC Tag Team Champion. He also competed for New Japan Pro Wrestling at Wrestle Kingdom 9 alongside Naomichi Marufuji , Shane Haste and Toru Yano.
Rocky Romero took to Twitter to welcome Nicholls to the CHAOS faction.
— Mikey Nicholls (@WWENickMiller) February 25, 2019
The following first round matches were announced for the New Japan Cup beginning March 8 in Tokyo.
- Tomohiro Ishii vs. Yugi Nagata
- Tomoaki Honma vs. Taichi
- Juice Robinson vs. Chase Owens
- Manabu Nakanishi vs. YOSHI-HASHI
- Mikey Nicholls vs. HIKULEO
- Toa Henrae vs. Lance Archer
- Bad Luck Fale vs. Will Ospreay
- Michael Elgin vs. Kazuchika Okada
- Tenzan vs. David Finlay
- Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Shota Umino
- Zack Sabre Jr. vs. EVIL
- Kota Ibushi vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Toru Yano
- Satoshi Kojima vs. Minoru Suzuki
- SANADA vs. Hirooki Goto
- Togi Makabe vs. Colt Cabana
All events will stream live on New Japan World.