All Elite Wrestling EVP Cody Rhodes shared some interesting stats on Twitter, showcasing Dynamite’s viewership in the United Kingdom against WWE television.
This is some really positive/staggering data & research about our friends across the pond! @ITV / @AEW
Thanks to our incredible fans for such a successful first year of #AEWDynamite (we can’t wait to take the team over and wrestle there)
The following stats were shared.
- AEW Dynamite is beating the first-run broadcast of all its competitors in the UK for audience volume.
- Dynamite’s audience is over 5 times that of NXT, double that of Smackdown and almost double of Raw.
- It is also almost double the audience of Impact Wrestling, which had been airing in the same slot as Dynamite and also on a free-to-air channel.
- Dynamite benefits from reaching considerably more people than any of its competitors.
- Full episodes of Dynamite on ITV4 have reached 2.8m people, based on 5+ consecutive minutes of viewing
- In its first year AEW programming on ITV channels reached 6.7m people, based on them having at least 5 consecutive minutes of viewing.
Thanks to our incredible fans for such a successful first year of #AEWDynamite
(we can’t wait to take the team over and wrestle there) pic.twitter.com/t7mnrVk7XX
— Cody (@CodyRhodes) October 18, 2020
It should be noted, All Elite Wrestling currently airs on free-to-air television in the UK on iTV. The program is only available live to UK viewers on FiteTV. WWE is live on BTSport, which is available for for a fee for cable viewers.