WWE is reportedly working on a host city for next year’s Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
According to a new report from Wrestlevotes, WWE has a city in mind for the 2021 Royal Rumble event, but have yet to locked anything thing, keeping an eye on how NBA and NHL will handle their next seasons in terms and capacity levels at arenas.
WWE is looking to resume live events with fans in attendance before January, but an action plan has yet to be revealed. WWE has a lease on Orlando’s Amway Centre until October 31. The company has three pay-per-view events (Hell In A Cell, Suvivor Series, TLC) scheduled between that date and Royal Rumble.
Asked what the Royal Rumble location plans are: Learned that WWE has a city in mind & are looking to get back to live crowds prior to that. However, they are keeping an eye on what the NBA & NHL do for next season regarding fans and capacity levels.
WWE Pay-Per-View Schedule For Remainder Of 2020
- WWE PPV and Network Special Schedule
- WWE Clash Of Champions – September 27
- NXT Takeover – October 4
- NXT Takeover: Dublin – October 25 (TBD)
- WWE Hell In A Cell – November 1
- WWE Survivor Series – November 22
- NXT Takeover – December 6
- WWE Tables, Ladders, Chairs – December 20