All Elite Wrestling and WWE are both conducting COVID-19 testing prior to producing their weekly shows, but the types of test differ between each promotion.
WrestlingInc has obtained details on testing procedures used by both promotions. The report indicates that due to all performers being tested, it “has led to relaxed nature of mask-wearing by talent for both company’s.”
WWE COVID-19 Testing Procedure
- Talent are instructed to arrive at a parking garage the day before tapings
- Talent stay in their cars and are given a nasal swab test
- Results are sent via text later that evening informing them of a positive of negative test
- If test results are negative, they are provided show plans for television the following day
AEW COVID-19 Testing Procedure
- Talent go to an off-site facility the morning of television tapings
- Talent are given a blood prick test
- Results are given to talent within 10 minutes informing of a positive of negative test.
- If talent tests negative they are provided a wristband to enter Daily’s Place
All Elite Wrestling has been using the blood test as it’s a “much easier process”, but the cost is more expensive.
WWE began testing for the virus in June, prior to that they strictly were doing temperature tests and having talent fill out questionnaires. AEW began testing in May.
Before you leave, take our quick five question quiz of the week!
WWE Universal Champion Quiz