WWE debuted their newest faction Retribution last week on RAW, destroying a generator outside the Performance Center. The faction stormed SmackDown this past Friday, destroying the set, and attacking talent in the audience.
Following their appearance on SmackDown, many began to speculate who was under the masks. It would appear some of the members who were present during SmackDown included Vanessa Bourne, Jake Atlas, and Chelsea Green, but they may not be part of the group once a reveal is made.
Dave Meltzer spoke with Jason Agnew of Sunday Night’s Main Event on TSN Radio Sunday night, and was asked if rumors of Dominick Dijakovic and Tommaso Ciampa being part of the faction are true. While Meltzer didn’t know who will be revealed as members of the stable, he did state that the people used this past Friday are not set to be part of the faction.
“I was outright told people under the mask will not be people playing the character” Meltzer stated. “It could end being DIjakovic, but he obviously wasn’t one of those guys this week,”
WWE trademarked the term Retribution last week, the filing was submitted to the United States Trademark Office prior to RAW airing. WWE also trademarked the term Justus, which currently has no character attached to it. It’s unknown if that name will eventually be tied to the Retribution faction.
Dominick Dijakovic posted a cryptic message on social media Monday, then later deleted it. The message stated “We are in control”
Dominik Dijakovic posted this image to his Instagram, before shortly deleting it. In the photo you can see it says ‘we are in control’ pic.twitter.com/8IBntr9Cu3
— OctoJake 🦑 (@WrestleNews_) August 10, 2020