WWE continues to further a storyline NXT Women’s Champion Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair, leading up to an expected match at Wrestlemania 36.
According to PWInsider Elite (subscription required), the current plan is for Charlotte Flair to appear at NXT Takeover: Portland this Sunday night.
Rhea Ripley is set to defend her NXT Women’s Championship against Bianca Belair at the event. Charlotte’s appearance is to further her feud with Rhea Ripley, leading into Wrestlemania 36 in Tampa, FL.
Rhea Ripley has made two appearances on Monday Night RAW so far, and Charlotte Flair appeared last Wednesday on NXT television.
It’s unknown whether WWE has plans for Charlotte on this week’s NXT television.
NXT Takeover: Portland – Updated Match Card
- NXT Championship: Tommaso Ciampa vs. Adam Cole
- NXT Women’s Championship: Rhea Ripley vs. Bianca Belair
- NXT North American Championship: Keith Lee vs. Dominik Dijakovic
- NXT Tag Team Championship: Undisputed Era vs. Matt Riddle and Pete Dunne
- Finn Balor vs. Johnny Gargano
- Dakota Kai vs. Tegan Nox
NXT Takeover: Portland will emanate from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon on February, 16, 2020.