WWE will be taping their Superstar Spectacle special this Friday ahead of SmackDown.
Last week, we reported WWE’s plans to allow virtual fans to watch the taping, with a call time of 9:30 a.m EST / 8:30 p.m IST on Friday, January 26.
According to PWInsider, WWE will tape the show at the Capitol Wrestling Center, home to NXT broadcasts. Originally, the company had plans to tape the show across several days, but opted to produce the entire show in one day. The company plans on having technical rehearsals all week at the venue, leading up to the taping.
The two-hour special will air in India on Sony Ten 1 and Sony Ten 3 on Tuesday, January 26. Although no announcement has been made, the event is expected to be available on the WWE Network.
The following stars are advertised to appear
- Drew McIntyre
- Rey Mysterio
- Charlotte Flair
- AJ Styles
- The New Day
- Shinsuke Nakamura
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode
- WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair
The following Indian talent will be showcased during the event.
- WWE Superstar Jinder Mahal, the first WWE Champion of Indian descent.
- The Bollywood Boyz, WWE Superstars Samir and Sunil Singh.
- The first all-Indian tag team in WWE, Indus Sher, featuring Rinku and Saurav.
- NXT Superstar Jeet Rama.
- Kavita Devi, the first Indian woman to sign a WWE contract.
- The Great Khali trainees Giant Zanjeer (7ft 2in, 340 pounds) and Dilsher Shanky (7ft, 310 pounds).
- Guru Raaj, the first Indian-born high-flyer in WWE.