WWE has locked down a date for their next NXT Takeover event following this month’s NXT Takeover: XXX.
According to PWInsider Elite (subscription required), WWE is planning to air a NXT Takeover event on Sunday, October 4, 2020. Details on the name and location have yet to be revealed.
Last year, the company produced a Takeover event SummerSlam weekend, then waited until Survivor Series for NXT TakeOver: War Games. This year, NXT Takeover: New York was canceled Wrestlemania weekend, which may be the reason why they are adding an additional event to their schedule.
If all goes to plan, NXT will be running two Takeover events in the month of October. NXT Takeover: Dublin was originally scheduled for April 26, but was postponed due to the health crisis. The event currently has a date for October 25 at the 3a Arena in Dublin, Ireland.
Updated WWE PPV and Network Special Schedule
- August 22, 2020: NXT Takeover: XXX
- August 23, 2020: WWE SummerSlam
- August 30, 2020: WWE Payback
- September 20, 2020: WWE Clash Of Champions (TBA)
- October 4, 2020: NXT Takeover (TBA)
- October 25, 2020: NXT Takeover: Dublin
- November 21, 2020: NXt Takeover: WarGames (Not confirmed)
- November 22, 2020: WWE Survivor Series (TBA)