Roman Reigns will not compete for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania 36 against Goldberg.
According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, Roman Reigns alerted WWE that he was not comfortable performing the match following the coronavirus pandemic.
Reigns expressed he he did not want to risk his health following his battle with leukemia resulting in a lower immune system.
WWE granted his request, and will now present a different match for the WWE Universal Championship at Wrestlemania 36.
Fightful Select (subscription required) adds that WWE crew were notified of the match change Wednesday.
WWE has been pre-recording Wrestlemania 36 at their Performance Center in Orlando over the last two days.
Stephanie McMahon revealed recently in an interview with Variety the strict measures the company is taking amid the coronavirus pandemic.
No details are currently known on who will replace Reigns against Goldberg at the event.
Wrestlemania 36 is expected to have 16 matches, with 8 matches both nights.
WWE Wrestlemania 36 – Updated Match Card
- WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar vs. Drew McIntyre
- WWE Universal Championship: Goldberg vs. TBA
- WWE RAW Women’s Championship: Becky Lynch vs. Shayna Baszler
- NXT Championship: Rhea Ripley vs. Charlotte Flair
- Last Man Standing: Randy Orton vs. Edge
- Boneyard Match: The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
- RAW Tag Team Championship: The Street Profits vs. Angel Garza and Andrade
- SmackDown Team Championship: The Miz and John Morrison vs. The Usos or New Day
- SmackDown Women’s Championship: Bayley vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina vs. Naomi vs. Sasha Banks
- Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
- Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena
- Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins
- Elias vs. King Corbin
WWE Wrestlemania 36 will be held on 4/4 and 4/5 from the WWE Performance Center and various “closed set” locations.