Bobby Roode Suspension Leads To Change In TLC Card
Original plans for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match have been changed due to a Wellness Policy violation.
WWE announced on 12/9 that Robert Roode and Primo Colon were both suspended for 30 days due to Wellness Policy violations.
This suspension changed planned booking for WWE TLC. Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio, last week WWE had Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler scheduled to face The New Day at TLC. Due to Roode’s Wellness Policy violation they inserted The Revival into the program.
Roode was last seen on the 11/29 episode of Friday Night SmackDown where he was attacked by Roman Reigns and stretchered out of the arena.
“Last Wednesday, when I got the card for the TLC pay-per-view, the card was New Day vs. Bobby Roode and Dolph Ziggler. That injury was not meant to be a long-term injury. I was also told there is a chance this could be changed” – Dave Meltzer
WWE TLC – Official Match Card
- Non-Title Match: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz.
- TLC Match: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship TLC Match: The Kabuki Warriors vs. Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch & Charlotte Flair
- WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship: The New Day vs. The Revival.
- WWE RAW Tag Team Championship: The Viking Raiders vs. Mystery Opponents
- Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy.
- Tables Match: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley
WWE TLC emanates from the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN on 12/15.