WWE have posted two new job positions, one being a graphics motion designer for Twitch and the other being a Talent Brand Manager.
The Talent Brand Manager will allow the company to control third party relationships, rather than talent seeking deals on their own.
In recent months, WWE ordered their talent to end all third party relations. This included Twitch, which many WWE superstars had started to use during the pandemic.
2020 US Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang has expressed his unhappiness with WWE regarding the order, due to WWE Superstars being classified as independent contractors.
Last night before SmackDown, WWE released Zelina Vega, who has a large twitch following. Shortly after her release, Vega took to twitch to thank her fans. She said that she has nothing bad to say, and that if she goes down as someone who stood up for themselves, then so be it.
WWE’s Twitch channel has almost 69,000 followers and over 1.28 million views.
GFX Motion Designer, Twitch
WWE, a publicly traded company (NYSE: WWE), is an integrated media organization and recognized leader in global entertainment. The Advanced Media Group is responsible for the company’s social platforms, original short form digital series and the OTT subscription service, the WWE Network.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, detail-oriented Motion Graphics Designer to work within WWE’s growing Advanced Media Group, specifically for Twitch. This position will create motion graphics, animation and content optimized for Twitch and digital/social media platforms. Candidate will see projects from concept to finish.
* Design & animate on-air graphics packages (titles, lower thirds, transitions, etc.)
* Create corresponding style guides and AE templates
* Work closely with video producers and creative leads to meet video calendar
* Fulfill requests from social media producers to solve daily video graphics needs
* Report to Senior Motion Art Director
* 4+ years of motion graphics for digital platforms
* Accustom to the speed of daily, video production for the internet, second screen appearances
* Experience with news & entertainment graphics for digital videos
* Excellent typography skills
* Excellent sense of screen layout, image cropping and photo/video selection
* Knowledge of current web motion design best practices and emerging trends
* Comfortable with a multi-disciplinary environment of creative, tech and product
* Mature; respectful of business needs, shipping dates and “real world” challenges
* Work within various video formats and platforms (Twitch, IG, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.)
* Adobe After Effects & Creative Suite required; Cinema 4D and modeling tools helpful
* Entertainment brand experience preferred
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Portfolio must be submitted with application
The second is a talent brand manager, as shown below:
Talent Brand Manager
WWE Talent Management Group will deliver best-in-class 360-degree support of Talent across all internal lines of business and key external partners, amplifying Talent brand value and maximizing monetization opportunities for Talent and WWE.
* Work across all lines of business to develop and execute growth strategies for talent brands.
* Drive opportunities for talent brands internally and externally.
* Align talent goals and personal interests to WWE strategic initiatives.
* Develop and maintain talent marketing materials.
* Monitor growth of individual talent brands.
* Collaborate with talent third parties to solicit and assess new opportunities.
* Assist in benchmarking economics for talent engagements.
* Provide market intelligence and best practices for holistic brand development.
* 5+ years’ experience in entertainment, brand management, social and media relations or similar field.
* Strong understanding of social and digital ecosystems as they relate to brand value and engagement.
* Experience in client services across a variety of brand management functions.
* Ability to work closely and effectively with talent.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
* Exceptional project management, organizational, and time management skills, with the ability to lead multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
* Self-motivated with a positive, can-do attitude; poise and grace under pressure
* Professional in always maintaining the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality
* Willing and able to work a flexible schedule including late nights and weekends on a regular basis
* Able to travel for business as needed (approximately 20-25%) and work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
* Proficient in MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint and Excel
* Entrepreneurial drive to deliver industry best practices.
* Understanding of WWE’s audience (demographic and psychographic) a plus.
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
* Bachelor’s degree in Media, Communications, Marketing, or similar field.