WWE Set To Tape RAW and Smackdown A Week Earlier To Allow Talent Christmas Holidays.
The WWE is planning on giving talents a week off over the Christmas holidays this year. As first reported by Rajah.com, WWE talent will be off from December 19th – December 25th.
The WWE plans to have double tapings at their RAW and Smackdown events on 12/17 in Sacramento, CA, and 12/18 in Fresno, CA. They opted to run the events in California due to the Pacific time zone, being able to run two shows in one night. The 12/17 RAW taping will air on 12/24, and 12/18 Smackdown taping will air on 12/25.
Last year WWE had their talent perform on both Christmas and New Year’s, this was met with a lot of disappointment from wrestlers and their families.
WWE will be business as usual starting on 12/26, with live events and special Friday Night RAW taping in Detroit on 12/28, airing on New Year’s Eve, and a special Saturday Night Smackdown taping in Pittsburgh on 12/29, airing on New Year’s Day.
The week off provides talent the ability to celebrate the holiday’s with their family.
WWE Holiday Touring Schedule:
- 12/17 – RAW – Sacramento, CA (Double Taping)
- 12/18 – Smackdown Live – Fresno, CA (Double Taping)
- 12/26 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – New York
- 12/26 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Chicago, IL
- 12/27 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Columbus, GA
- 12/27 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Long Island, NY
- 12/28 – RAW – Detroit, MI (Airing 12/31)
- 12/29 – Smackdown Live – Pittsburgh, PA (Airing 1/1)
- 12/29 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Chicago, IL
- 12/30 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Buffalo, NY
- 12/30 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Tampa, FL
- 01/04 – WWE Live Holiday Tour – Columbus, OH