One Woman Will Walk Out With All The Gold
Stephanie McMahon announced tonight on that both the RAW and Smackdown Women’s championship will be on the line this Sunday at Wrestlemania 35.
Stephanie kicked off RAW stating the winner of the Triple Threat Match will “bring home all the gold.”
Shortly after Stephanie’s announcement, WWE sent out the following press release.
“WINNER TAKES ALL” AT FIRST-EVER WOMEN’S MAIN EVENT OF WRESTLEMANIA®
STAMFORD, CT – April 1, 2019 – WWE (NYSE: WWE) today announced that the first-ever women’s main event of WrestleMania featuring Ronda Rousey (Raw Women’s Champion) vs. Charlotte Flair (SmackDown Women’s Champion) vs. Becky Lynch will now be a “Winner Takes All” Match for both the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Championship titles. WrestleMania takes place this Sunday, April 7 in front of a capacity crowd at MetLife Stadium and streams live on WWE Network around the world at 7 pm ET.
Charlotte Flair is now an eight-time Champion after winning the SmackDown Women’s Championship this past Tuesday vs. Asuka. Flair is a former Division 1 volleyball player, philanthropist, author, and is the daughter of two-time WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair. Ronda Rousey is the current Raw Women’s Champion, Olympic medalist, the first female UFC Champion, and the first woman to be inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame. She is also an actress and New York Times bestselling author. Becky Lynch is the 2019 Women’s Royal Rumble winner, a two-time SmackDown Women’s Champion and was named Wrestler of the Year by both Sports Illustrated and CBS Sports in 2018. She was also the first woman ever to top ESPN’s WWE Power Rankings.
Things just got VERY interesting. @StephMcMahon announces that in the Main Event of #WrestleMania the #Raw AND #SDLive Women's Titles will be on the line in a Winner Takes All competition! pic.twitter.com/oLmU9uNabo
— WWE (@WWE) April 2, 2019
Oney Lorcan Reportedly Requests Release From WWE Contract
205 Live Star Requests Release From WWE
Oney Lorcan has requested his release from WWE.
According to PWInsider, Lorcan requested his release from the company at the end of October, and multiple sources have confirmed the story.
Lorcan signed with WWE in September 2015 following a strong independent run in numerous promotions such as EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling, and CZW.
On social media, Lorcan has changed his name back to his former persona Biff Busick, bit has not publicly commented on his intentions to leave the company.
Lorcan last wrestled on the 10/25 edition of 205 Live.
He joins a number of talent who have reportedly requested their release over the last year, including The Revival, Mike Kanellis, Sin Cara, and ACH (Jordan Myles).
It’s unknown if WWE plans to grant him his release, or keep him under contract.
ACH aka Jordan Myles Holds Q&A, Speaks On WWE Status, Beef With Jay Lethal, Mental Health, and More
ACH aka Jordan Myles has returned to social media, and hosted a live Q&A session where he addresses a number of hot topics, including his current status with WWE, mental health, and his beef with ROH star Jay Lethal.
He spoke about the controversial t-shirt design, which sparked his public anger towards WWE. His stance towards the design remains the same, and says the shirt was “completely racist”. He admitted that his comments regarding the situation was fueled by emotion, but has no apologies, as he meant what he said.
As far as his current status with WWE, he didn’t provide full details on any discussions he had with management. He states he doesn’t know if he will be released, but is mentally free from the company. Based on his comments, he is still under contract with WWE.
He admitted he is suffers with mental health issues, and does have anxiety and depression. He says a lot of anger from the past came out when speaking on the t-shirt controversy.
ACH didn’t go into much detail regarding his beef with Jay Lethal. He put the onus on Lethal to explain the situation, and said he doesn’t wish to put more flames to the fire. He would wrestle Lethal again, for the love of wrestling, and would leave any beef they have outside the ring.
Check out the full Q&A session below
The Brian Kendrick Says He’s ‘Taking A Leave Of Absence’ From WWE
205 Live Wrestler Taking A Break
WWE 205 Live star The Brian Kendrick is taking a break from the ring according a Twitter post.
Kendrick tweeted, “It’s been 3 years since my last #Cruiserweight Title opportunity. Since then, it has become evident that nobody on @WWE205Live understands nor respects the road that I paved for them. Therefore I am taking an indefinite leave of absence from the ring.”
It’s been 3 years since my last #Cruiserweight Title opportunity. Since then, it has become evident that nobody on @WWE205Live understands nor respects the road that I paved for them. Therefore I am taking an indefinite leave of absence from the ring. @WWE #205live pic.twitter.com/MJftDpQl1F
— Brian Kendrick (@mrbriankendrick) November 15, 2019
Brian Kendrick won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in 2016 after defeating TJ Perkins at the Hell In A Cell PPV.
Kendrick was out of action for several months, after suffering a broken orbital bone at the hands of Hideo Itami. He was out of action from December 2017 to April 2018.
It’s unknown is any personal issues or injuries are preventing him from competing. Further details will be provided once they are known.