Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment issued the following press release today.
Burbank, Calif. – Jan. 17, 2019 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today revealed the first look at Mortal Kombat 11 with a showcase of crushing new gameplay, original and returning fighters, immersive story elements and innovative features that offer a more personalized experience than ever before. Livestreamed to a global audience, the experiential, community celebration featured multiple reveals, including an appearance by UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, who was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade.
“I’ve been a lifelong Mortal Kombat fan, and Sonya Blade was the first kick-ass, female video game character that I related to,” said Ronda Rousey. “Now I get to voice her in Mortal Kombat 11. It’s a dream come true to be a part of the Mortal Kombat franchise that I grew up playing.
“We’re thrilled to showcase Mortal Kombat 11 and reveal the gameplay, new features and epic characters to the fans,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We have an amazing community, and it’s an honor to share this celebration of the Mortal Kombat franchise with all of our passionate fans around the world.”
Today’s Mortal Kombat 11 announcements included:
- UFC champion, Olympic medalist and WWE superstar, Ronda Rousey, was announced as the voice of Sonya Blade. To view and share today’s Sonya Blade Reveal Trailer, visit:https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-Sonya-Blade
- First Gameplay Reveal Trailer featuring an original music track created in collaboration with international DJ, Dimitri Vegas, titled “You’re Next.” To view and share the First Gameplay Reveal Trailer, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-Gameplay-Trailer
- Introduction to the Story Mode, teasing the all-new, time-bending narrative, featuring Kronika, the first female boss character in Mortal Kombat history, who is the Keeper of Time and creator of existence. To view and share the Story Prologue, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-Prologue
- Announced new fighter Geras, a powerful and loyal servant of Kronika, who is able to manipulate time, along with fan-favorite characters, including, Baraka, Raiden, Skarlet, Scorpion,Sonya Blade and Sub-Zero. To view and share the Geras Reveal Trailer, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-Geras
- A montage of Mortal Kombat’s most iconic feature, Fatalities, showcasing the most gruesome, over-the-top Fatalities in Mortal Kombat history. To view and share the Fatalities Trailer, visit: https://go.wbgames.com/MK11-Fatalities-Trailer
- Exclusive Mortal Kombat 11-inspired Under Armour Anatomix Spawn basketball footwear showcased via six custom designs by top sneaker artist and MK Kollective ambassador, Mache.
- Pre-order Mortal Kombat 11 on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X to receive access to the beta, available March 28, 2019. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn.
- Mortal Kombat 11 Kollector’s Edition revealed, which includes the main game, Kombat Pack, Scorpion mask bust, exclusive steel case, commemorative magnet coin and authenticity plate.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the latest installment in the critically-acclaimed franchise, developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, and is scheduled for release beginning April 23, 2019 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®4 Pro computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch™ system and PC.
Mortal Kombat 11 is available for pre-order now; visit www.mortalkombat.com for more information. Pre-orders will receive the in-game, playable character, Shao Kahn. Those who pre-order onPlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X at select retailers, will also receive access to the beta, which will be available on March 28, 2019 for those platforms.
Oney Lorcan Reportedly Requests Release From WWE Contract
205 Live Star Requests Release From WWE
Oney Lorcan has requested his release from WWE.
According to PWInsider, Lorcan requested his release from the company at the end of October, and multiple sources have confirmed the story.
Lorcan signed with WWE in September 2015 following a strong independent run in numerous promotions such as EVOLVE, Beyond Wrestling, and CZW.
On social media, Lorcan has changed his name back to his former persona Biff Busick, bit has not publicly commented on his intentions to leave the company.
Lorcan last wrestled on the 10/25 edition of 205 Live.
He joins a number of talent who have reportedly requested their release over the last year, including The Revival, Mike Kanellis, Sin Cara, and ACH (Jordan Myles).
It’s unknown if WWE plans to grant him his release, or keep him under contract.
ACH aka Jordan Myles Holds Q&A, Speaks On WWE Status, Beef With Jay Lethal, Mental Health, and More
ACH aka Jordan Myles has returned to social media, and hosted a live Q&A session where he addresses a number of hot topics, including his current status with WWE, mental health, and his beef with ROH star Jay Lethal.
He spoke about the controversial t-shirt design, which sparked his public anger towards WWE. His stance towards the design remains the same, and says the shirt was “completely racist”. He admitted that his comments regarding the situation was fueled by emotion, but has no apologies, as he meant what he said.
As far as his current status with WWE, he didn’t provide full details on any discussions he had with management. He states he doesn’t know if he will be released, but is mentally free from the company. Based on his comments, he is still under contract with WWE.
He admitted he is suffers with mental health issues, and does have anxiety and depression. He says a lot of anger from the past came out when speaking on the t-shirt controversy.
ACH didn’t go into much detail regarding his beef with Jay Lethal. He put the onus on Lethal to explain the situation, and said he doesn’t wish to put more flames to the fire. He would wrestle Lethal again, for the love of wrestling, and would leave any beef they have outside the ring.
Check out the full Q&A session below
The Brian Kendrick Says He’s ‘Taking A Leave Of Absence’ From WWE
205 Live Wrestler Taking A Break
WWE 205 Live star The Brian Kendrick is taking a break from the ring according a Twitter post.
Kendrick tweeted, “It’s been 3 years since my last #Cruiserweight Title opportunity. Since then, it has become evident that nobody on @WWE205Live understands nor respects the road that I paved for them. Therefore I am taking an indefinite leave of absence from the ring.”
It’s been 3 years since my last #Cruiserweight Title opportunity. Since then, it has become evident that nobody on @WWE205Live understands nor respects the road that I paved for them. Therefore I am taking an indefinite leave of absence from the ring. @WWE #205live pic.twitter.com/MJftDpQl1F
— Brian Kendrick (@mrbriankendrick) November 15, 2019
Brian Kendrick won the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in 2016 after defeating TJ Perkins at the Hell In A Cell PPV.
Kendrick was out of action for several months, after suffering a broken orbital bone at the hands of Hideo Itami. He was out of action from December 2017 to April 2018.
It’s unknown is any personal issues or injuries are preventing him from competing. Further details will be provided once they are known.